Updated 10 Jun 2022
A. PERSONAL DATA
“Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, about a User who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
“Service” or “Services” means all and any of the services provided by the Company via The Surprize App.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of Personal Data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information including but not limited to your real name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, marital status, educational qualifications, dietary habits, income, profession and industry.
B. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4. We generally do not collect your Personal Data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your Personal Data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your Personal Data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of Personal Data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional Personal Data and before using your Personal Data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except when permitted or authorised by law).
5. We may collect and use your Personal Data for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the Services;
(b) delivering the prizes you have won through the app. We may pass your personal information on to a third party (e.g. our logistics partner) in order to make delivery of the product to you;
(c) updating you on the delivery of the products;
(d) verifying your identity;
(e) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback from you;
(f) managing your relationship with us;
(g) sending you marketing information about our services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions and merchant partners;
(h) produce statistics and research for internal and statutory reporting and/or record-keeping requirements;
(i) to store, host, back up your Personal Data;
(k) to perform due diligence checks;
(l) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements (including, where applicable, the display of your name, contact details and company details), including any law enforcement requests, in connection with any legal proceedings, or otherwise deemed necessary by us; and
(m) where necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety.
(n) analytics, research, business and development purposes;
(o) to understand a User’s experience with the Services and the App;
(p) to improve the layout or content of the pages of the App and customise them for users;
(q) to conduct surveys, including carrying out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour; (results may be given to companies. But not the raw data);
(r) to conduct data analysis, testing and research, monitoring and analysing usage and activity trends;
(s) to further develop our products and services; and
(t) to derive further attributes relating to you based on Personal Data provided by you (whether to us or third parties);
(u) complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
(v) any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
(w) transmitting to partners any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and;
(x) any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. We may disclose your Personal Data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the services requested by you; or
(b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
7. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
C. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
8. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your Personal Data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
9. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
10. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
11. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose Personal Data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
D. ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the Personal Data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your Personal Data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your Personal Data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
13. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any Personal Data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
E. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
15. To safeguard your Personal Data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of Personal Data by us, and disclosing Personal Data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
16. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
F. ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
17. We generally rely on Personal Data provided by you. In order to ensure that your Personal Data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your Personal Data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
18. We will cease to retain your Personal Data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
G. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
19. We generally do not transfer your Personal Data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
H. DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
20. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our Personal Data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: